Saturday, November 14, 2009

Summary

After many obstacles, I think I am finally finished with 23 Things. I worried that I wouldn't be able to complete it all due to a late start (my "things" were sent to the wrong email) and a sick daughter - in Arkansas. But I was determined to finish what I had started. Some weeks I felt like I spent every waking moment on the computer. It was, however, very much worth it. Would I do it again? Yes, but I would take it in the summer when I had more time and fewer things to get in the way. Did I mention that I had my first grandchild born during this time too? Oh yes, Christmas shopping has been put on hold as well.

Some evenings I got so much info that I felt like my head was spinning. I have big plans for using most of it. My first goal is to start that blog with my parents and students. I am really looking forward to seeing what they do with it. Library Thing will keep me organized and speed things up when looking for a particular book. My Google Alerts have already started keeping me informed in many areas. I can check my calendar on line any time as well. Google Reader has given me lots of new ideas for my classroom. Photo sharing, Tagging, Wikis, WOW! There is just so much out there. I expected to learn a few new things but now I want to do it all. I'm not afraid to try the unknown and I've learned to ask for help when I need it.

Technology is too important for us NOT to try to keep up with it. Notice I did say try. Things change so frequently these days it is hard to stay on top of things. I have a lot of new tools to play with and I plan to use them. Thanks for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment