Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thing #22

I visited Myspace and Facebook. I decided that Myspace seemed to be for a younger generation so I created a Facebook page. People have been asking me for a while why I'm not on Facebook. To tell you the truth, I haven't been interested or had the time. I was very reluctant to create it because I've heard so many bad things (Myspace more than Facebook). I decided it would be a great way to keep up with friends and family, especially those that are far away. I have already begun enjoying the pictures posted. Kids grow up so fast that it will be wonderful to "see" the stages when I can't be there. I don't think I will be giving "intimate" details of my life, as I have seen some do. As for educational uses, I think many kids have good keyboarding skills and computer knowledge because of social networking, but I have my doubts as to the uses in the classroom. For me, I think the bad part outweighs the good. My biggest problem with this social networking thing is that I will have to show restraint. I can see now that it can be addictive and take time from other areas that may need my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment