Monday, November 9, 2009

Thing #20

I came up with several uses for Google Docs. First, I think it would be wonderful to use for my next parent conferences. I could just place my list of available times on my document, have parents check the list and sign up for a time that suits their needs best. It would eliminate the notes back and forth about "sorry, that slot is taken could you meet at...", etc. I like the idea of taking surveys and polls. I mentioned in Thing # 8 that I would like to do a survey on how each family celebrates holidays. Google Docs would be an easy way to do just that. As I was drying my hair I thought of another idea. My kids sometimes have trouble keeping up with homework and other important papers - and yes, the wicked witch gives homework in Kindergarten. I could post a document on Google Docs that lists all homework assignments and who has turned them in. Parents could then check this document instead of trying to contact me. I would give numbers or code names to each child to secure privacy. No excuses now.

No comments:

Post a Comment