Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thing #1

The habit I view as most challenging would be number 4. I am a very confident person in most cases, but when it comes to technology I am pretty weak (I am going to learn to text this weekend - how sad is that?). I haven't worried about it too much thus far because I teach Kindergarten and I definitely know more than they do.

The easiest habit would be 7 1/2. I do love to just play. Aside from that I am able to view problems as a challenge - this being a huge one for me. I once read that Zig Zigler referred to an alarm clock as an "opportunity clock". I thought that was something I needed to keep in mind daily. I like a good challenge but I am out of my comfort zone here and feel a bit overwhelmed. I will do this and learn from it!

The most important habit for me would be to accept responsibility for my own learning. I have tons of workshop hours because I feel the need to stay on top of things. I have been teaching for 29 years and you can get pretty "set" in your ways after a while. I like change and welcome it with open arms. The hard part here for me is not being taught in a classroom setting. I'm on my own, so to speak. Well, not really. I'll be calling for help along the way. I'm not shy about that.
It's an adventure that I'm nervous about and excited about all at once.

1 comment:

  1. Being willing to play around with these tools will really help you in this class. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete