Monday, October 12, 2009

Thing #10

Creative Commons is a great tool for many uses. Even though I have seen the logo before, I had no idea what it meant. I appreciate those that share their ideas so that I can "feed" off of them and make things fit my classroom needs. I have never shared my ideas but by making comments on the blogs I subscribe to I might add to what they have created.

I can see that Creative Commons could be a crutch for some students who don't take the initiative to be creative themselves. I do think that even then it might give a good "spark" to them. Sometimes we need that spark to develop our own ideas. Students could look over science experiments that have already been done and think about what they could do differently. Papers could be read to gain insight on what others thought about a book. Listening to a song might lead to the creation of a new one. There's no end to the benefits Creative Commons gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment