Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thing #11


I was blown away by Flickr. I spent more than a "few minutes" exploring. I found some great FALL pictures to use in my classroom. Although I did enjoy the exploration, I found myself weeding through a lot and wishing for better and more precise tags. I realize that we all have different opinions of what goes under a particular label but WOW. Some pictures are a real stretch. I did like one in particular called Fallen Leaves of Autumn by capn madd matt. It contains such beautiful colors all in one picture.

All of my kids could really benefit from slide shows using these pictures. I can see were it would help my ESL children as well. It could be used as a teaching tool or a review tool. I would love to download several for later use with writing prompts. There is such a variety to choose from. I have always taken my own pics for class projects but if there are so many out there to be used......why not??

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun with Flickr. I use it almost exclusively when choosing images to use in a presentation now. It really is a tremendous resource - especially the Creative Commons section.

    ReplyDelete