Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thing #8

I am new to wikis so I decided to take a look at all of the ones suggested. I was impressed by most but decided to concentrate of the ones I might benefit from. I looked at the Kindergarten Counting Book and thought it was a good project but I noticed there were lots of missing numbers along the way. Primary Math didn't really catch my eye. Room 15 Wiki was my favorite. I loved the set-up and it was easy to navigate because of it's organization. Salute to Seuss was a great idea. Many other authors could be used in the same manner. I think Jan Brett would even be willing to comment herself. She's been a favorite of mine for a while. Schools in the Past was another good read for me. I'm thinking I could use this idea and get my students and parents involved on a wiki about how they celebrate a particular holiday. It's not that far away from Christmas. It would be interesting to hear from people from other countries as well. Kindergarten technology ideas are not always the easiest things to come up with, so I'd love to hear from anyone who has ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment